Friday 29 April 2016

Spinning for socks

I found a gorgeous hand dyed top at Fondant fibres and could not resist purchasing it. The hand dyed colourway is called deal and meaningful and it came in a stunning plait. I could not bring myself to actually spin it for a while so I had it hung up in my craft room so I could keep looking at its gorgeousness! I finally decided to spin some 4ply (weight not actual ply) yarn in order to knit some lovely colourful socks. The fibres were so smooth and soft to spin.
 
Here the fibre is spun into singles. I keep the twist high to give the yarn extra strength for sock knitting.
 
 
I plied the yarn 2-ply...
 
 
And here is what it looks like in a hank...
 
 
 
I love the colours, Fondant fiber have some really lovely dyed fibre and yarn. I might have have to purchase some more!

5 comments:

  1. there can be made some nice socks out you effort here !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice work - I think you can make some nice socks out of this :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have now knitted the yarn into socks, they are so lovely and colourful, it was a really interesting project. Ellie

      Delete
  3. That is so sweet! i got lot's of information about magic show and spinnning i rally like your post while reading it. You give me the motivation to keep blogging!

    Sydney Wedding Magician

    ReplyDelete