Friday, 1 February 2013
A new floral top for spring
This month I have been working on a couple of sewing projects. The first one is a top made from a cream cotton material. The pattern is from simplicity number 3750 and I made size 24 (I usually wear shop sizes 16-18). I had to make a modification to the pattern as the neckline was very low when I finished assembling. I added a strip of material (folded over with right sides together, sew down one side and then turn inside out), then I rouched the strip using a long stitch and then gathered the material before sewing to the rest of the garment.