Sunday, 6 April 2014

More Quilts for project Linus..... Trying out different free motion patterns

I had taken some blocks home from Drayton patchwork and quilters group to make into a quilt for the Linus charity. These had been made by one of the ladies who had passed away and left her fabric stash to our quilt group. It was nice to think I was finishing the project she had started. I made two quilts. Both were made from log cabin blocks. The first of which is very cheerful and reminds me of spring with all the yellow and gorgeous blue. I free motioned a kind of flower/butterfly pattern.

The pink floral fabric in the corners shows up more like brown in the photo. 

Here is what the back looks like....

The second of these is very floral. I would not have chosen these colours myself but I enjoyed trying out leaf free motion.

Here is a close up of the leaf free motion, which shows up best on the red background

I used green fabric for the backing. You can really see the leaf shapes on the back...

Phew.. That was a lot of free motion. I certainly understand that you need breaks and it hurts your back and shoulders. It is so much more difficult to free motion on a large quilt than a small sample. I still enjoyed it though :)

1 comment: