Monday 29 April 2013

Quilted Notice Board

I have been meaning to do this for ages as there was a large expanse of wall in my kitchen and lack of any sort of space to place reminders!

I cut out a piece of 4mm MDF 50x50cm square, and drilled a hole in each corner (so it could be attached to the wall). I then layered batting and owl print material and used a staple gun to attach the material to the back side of the MDF. I carefully placed elastic at equal intervals across the panel, attaching them on the reverse using the staple gun. To prevent the elastic from moving too much I pushed thumb tacks into the MDF where the elastic crossed over. Lastly, I cut holes in the material where I had drilled the MDF earlier and I attached the board to the wall using capped screw washers and screws.

I was really pleased with the result and was delighted that I used a full fat quarter of material with no waste!!



No comments:

Post a Comment