Saturday, 25 January 2014
Completed hexi quilt for Linus charity
I finally finished the hexagon quilt I started last year for the Linus charity. I used appliqué techniques to add a boarder around the hexagons I had hand sewed. I backed the quilt in plain green fabric and used some fancy stitches on my machine to quilt. The quilt was bound in white fabric and I used heat and bond to attach appliqué flowers, which were finished with blanket stitch by hand. The centre hexagons were started by a lady from Drayton patchwork and quilters who sadly passed away. It was nice to think that I was finishing a project that she started.