Tuesday 1 April 2014

Perfect Patchwork Cushion Cover

I bought a gorgeous mini charm pack from Moda called Road 15 so I decided to make the most of the little squares by sewing a simple patchwork cushion cover. I have written a tutorial - How to make a perfect patchwork cushion cover using a cheat method, please follow the link to the pdf. Using this method it was really easy to line up the squares perfectly! In the instructions I describe how to use the cheat method in constructing the patchwork section and also how I create mitered corners for the edge of the cushion. I used Moda solids fabric (cream colour, not sure what they called it) for the border and backing to the cushion, I would definitely recommend it, a very smooth and silky fabric. I really love road 15 fabrics, I might treat myself to a jelly roll of the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment